Reports > Report Fields
In order to generate custom reports you'll have to select report fields that, in other words, are pieces of information you want to see in your report. Data fields have to be placed into Grouping or Details level. In Ganttic's reporting interface 'Data fields' section will be opened by default:
- Data fields: They are categorised into Task Data, Project Data, Resource Data and Calculations (explained below)
- Grouping level: Data of which your report will be grouped by
- Details level: The data will be displaied in the form of a table in addition to grouping labels
- Drag and drop data fields into grouping and/or details level
- Depending on what kind of layout you need for the report you can use both or only one of them
- If you're done, simply click 'OK' on the right
- Now, select report period from the calendars below
Left calendar is for period start, right calendar is for report period end date
- Click on the calendars to set dates
- Hit 'Show report' upon completion
- The report is now generated based on selected data fields and display levels
The use of 'Number' type report field
In custom data fields, one of the data type is 'Calcuations'. This section gives you options to calculate number values in association with your tasks' Busy Time in reports. Only limited to resources and projects, this feature is perfect for a number of uses. For example, if you set Roger's hourly rate as €50, the report will calculate how many hours he has worked (Busy Time) and provide you with a number of how much to pay him for the duration of the report. You can see Hourly rate, € * Task busy time(h) field among others. Please note 'Hourly rate, €' is a 'Number' type resource custom data field. This new feature is not an extension, but developed as a default feature in Ganttic's planner.
- These fields will calculate values only for resource- and project-driven reports. Make sure to apply these before generating the report
Below is a working example of the feature:
- Click on a task
- Click on '+' in 'Custom data fields' section
- Enter 'Hourly rate, €' as the data label
- Delect 'Number' from the data type dropdown
- Click on 'Save'
- Enter a number in the field of 'Hourly rate, €'
- Click 'Save' again
- Open up an existing report
- Click on 'Select Report Fields' on the top left
- There will be a new data label named 'Hourly rate/hr X Task busy time(h)'
- Drag the data label into either grouping level or details level
- Click on 'Apply' to generate the data